I share insights from workshops, books, and life generally by writing short blogs. You can see a relevant selection below.
- Hope and Resilience in the Climate and Ecological EmergencyA retreat led by Alan Heeks and Jonathan Herbert Friday Feb 3 – Sunday Feb 5, 2023 at Hilfield Friary, Dorset Using material from the Christian contemplative tradition, from Joanna Macy – a Buddhist and deep ecologist, and from Jem Bendell’s Deep Adaptation approach, the group will explore ways to grow through emergency. We will […]
- A Sufi way to discern realityAs material reality gets more uncertain and alarming, I have found that using spiritual practices to find my way forward is really helpful. I’ve been exploring Sufi teachings for over 20 years, and want to share a couple of processes which have helped me. So what do I mean by Sufi? It’s an elusive idea: […]
- Death and beyond: a close-up viewGuest blog from Palden Jenkins Alan Heeks writes: Palden is an old friend, who plays a Merlin-like role in my life, popping up periodically with cryptic insights. He’s a deep thinker out of the box, a seer and astrologer, who usually offers a radically different point of view. Palden is currently living with terminal cancer, […]
- 2022 Climate Outlook: pray for miraclesThe holiday time around New Year 2022 has been a chance for some of us to reflect on the outlook for the climate crisis, and it’s not a cheery prospect. I have been digging deep to find some constructive responses. In reviewing current information, I was startled to learn that, if you adjust for the […]
- An introduction to Soul ResilienceIf you hope to thrive and grow through your life, not just cope and survive, how will you do this in the stormier times we can see ahead of us? It needs a quantum step up in resilience, and that’s what Soul Resilience could offer you. Exploring the soul’s journey is one of the best […]